Open Mic at The Old English Gentleman, Cheshunt
Next 5 Dates
- 8:00pm – 11:00pm Sat 06 Apr 2019 (estimated)
- 8:00pm – 11:00pm Sat 04 May 2019 (estimated)
- 8:00pm – 11:00pm Sat 01 Jun 2019 (estimated)
- 8:00pm – 11:00pm Sat 06 Jul 2019 (estimated)
- 8:00pm – 11:00pm Sat 03 Aug 2019 (estimated)
|Times||8:00pm – 11:00pm|
|Occurs||The First Saturday of each month|
|Category||Music Open Mic|
|Location||The Old English Gentleman, 253 Turners Hill, Cheshunt, EN8 9DG|
|Host phone||07464 633424|
|Notes||A CHANGE FROM OUR REGULAR SCHEDULE PROGRAM!
Due to availability there will be no open mic in March so it is the last Saturday of February!!! 24/02/18 April Will return to the 1st Saturday of the month.
Grow Sound Open Mic Nights will be held at The Old English Gentleman in Cheshunt on the first Saturday of every month. There’s a very welcoming atmosphere and we love to support a variety of acts at all skill levels. If you wanted to sing to a backing track you’re more than welcome. Just let us know beforehand if we need to supply the music for you. If you’re not musically inclined but want to share your words whether that is in the form poetry or stand-up comedy then this is the stage for you!
As you can see from the photos on our Facebook page we now offer instruments to borrow; guitar, bass, mandolin and ukulele (all of which are electro acoustic). We currently have four microphones so should you be a singing duet with fully acoustic guitars we’ve got you covered and won’t miss a note.
If you have any questions about tech or whether your act has a place on our stage then please message. With every months event our equipment base grows so if we can’t supply the means for your act then please do not write us off as we will probably be able to in the future!
As with any open mic we want everyone who turns up to play and have a fair slot. Most nights we have been able to give everyone about 20 minutes (4-5 songs) should you need that long. Stick around to the end and if there’s time you can return to the stage!
|Welcomed mediums||Acoustic/Electro-Acoustic Poetry Comedy Magic Folk Storytelling|
These details were submitted by Christopher Redman-holland on 20 Feb 2018
No known YouTube videos!If you know of one please report it here
† "Next Event" date is automatically calculated based on the details submitted. No guarantee of accuracy is given as venues sometimes cancel events without informing us. To avoid disappointment, always contact venue before travelling.
No pictures!If you have a snap-shot of this event, particularly the stage, please submit your image here
- Eran's Open Mic at Three Compasses at Three Compasses, Hornsey (The Third Wednesday of each month)
- The Annex, Hackney (Sporadic Wednesdays)
- The Woodbine, Waltham Abbey (Fortnightly Wednesdays)
- High Tide Open Mic (5 September) at The Bell, Waltham Forest (Sporadic Wednesdays)
- Old Hall Tavern, Waltham Forest (The Third Thursday of each month)
- Armstrong at ÖZel's, Wood Green (The Last Thursday of each month)
- Acoustic & Jam Night at The Horse & Well, Woodford (The First Thursday of each month)
- Jevon's Open Mic / Jam at The Butchers Arms, Barnet (Every Sunday)
- Sunday Open Jam at The Warrant Officer, Walthamstow (The Last Sunday of each month)