Open Mic at The Old English Gentleman, Cheshunt
|Times||8:00pm – 11:00pm|
|Occurs||The First Saturday of each month|
|Category||Music Open Mic|
|Location||The Old English Gentleman, 253 Turners Hill, Cheshunt, EN8 9DG|
|Host phone||07464 633424|
|Notes||Grow Sound Open Mic Nights will be held at The Old English Gentleman in Cheshunt on the first Saturday of every month. There’s a very welcoming atmosphere and we love to support a variety of acts at all skill levels. If you wanted to sing to a backing track you’re more than welcome. Just let us know beforehand if we need to supply the music for you. If you’re not musically inclined but want to share your words whether that is in the form poetry or stand-up comedy then this is the stage for you!
As you can see from the photos on our Facebook page we now offer instruments to borrow; guitar, bass, mandolin and ukulele (all of which are electro acoustic). We currently have four microphones so should you be a singing duet with fully acoustic guitars we’ve got you covered and won’t miss a note.
If you have any questions about tech or whether your act has a place on our stage then please message. With every months event our equipment base grows so if we can’t supply the means for your act then please do not write us off as we will probably be able to in the future!
As with any open mic we want everyone who turns up to play and have a fair slot. Most nights we have been able to give everyone about 20 minutes (4-5 songs) should you need that long. Stick around to the end and if there’s time you can return to the stage!
|Welcomed mediums||Acoustic/Electro-Acoustic Poetry Comedy Magic Folk Storytelling|
These details were submitted by Christopher Redman-holland on 05 Feb 2020
No known YouTube videos!If you know of one please report it here
† "Next Event" date is automatically calculated based on the details submitted. No guarantee of accuracy is given as venues sometimes cancel events without informing us. To avoid disappointment, always contact venue before travelling.
No pictures!If you have a snap-shot of this event, particularly the stage, please submit your image here
- Open Mic Tuesdays at Opera Bar Bistro, Wood Green (Every Tuesday)
- Singer Songwriter Open Mic at Kiss The Sky Bar, Crouch End (Every Tuesday)
- Open Mic Last Tuesday Of Every Month at The George Iii, Hoddesdon (The Last Tuesday of each month)
- Paringdon Sports And Social Club, Harlow (The First Tuesday of each month)
- Speak Easy, Epping Green (Fortnightly Tuesdays)
- The Annex, Hackney (Sporadic Wednesdays)
- High Tide Open Mic (5 September) at The Bell, Waltham Forest (Sporadic Wednesdays)
- The Priory, Crouch End (Fortnightly Wednesdays)
- The Strafford, Potters bar (Every Thursday)
- Armstrong at ÖZel's, Wood Green (The Last Thursday of each month)
- Acoustic & Jam Night at The Horse & Well, Woodford (The First Thursday of each month)
- Old Hall Tavern, Waltham Forest (The Third Thursday of each month)
- Friday 25th May 2018 - Open Mic Night at Karamel Restaurant, Wood Green (Sporadic Fridays)
- Friday Night Sessions at THE COVE, Tottenham (Sporadic Fridays)
- Sunday Open Jam at The Warrant Officer, Walthamstow (The Last Sunday of each month)
- Jevon's Open Mic / Jam at The Butchers Arms, Barnet (Every Sunday)
- The Woodbine, Waltham Abbey (The Second and Fourth Sunday of each month)