Savages Present Alicia Fernandez And Gill Lambert + Open Mic at Packhorse (city centre), Leeds
|Times||7:00pm – 11:45pm|
|Occurs||The First Friday of each month|
|Name||Savages Present Alicia Fernandez And Gill Lambert + Open Mic|
|Category||Poetry Open Mic|
|Location||Packhorse (city centre), Packhorse Yard, Leeds, LS1 6AT|
|Host phone||07817 971876|
|Notes||Savages are proud to present a very special open Mic with guest slots from two amazing local poetry powerhouses; Gill Lambert (Ilkley Lit Fest Open Mic Winner 2016) and Alicia Fernández (Ilkley Lit Fest Chapbook Champion 2017)
The open mic is open to all forms of wordsmithery. Bring us your poetry, prose, comedy, play excerpts, original songs and all things wonderfully in between. Everyone gets 3 minutes to wow us, sign up here or just stick your name down on the night.
Leeds Savage Club is a safe space- we do not tolerate any racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia or any other of the -isms or -phobias. If at any point in the night you have any concerns or need help please approach any member of the board.
This is a pay as you feel event with all money going to the featured performers!
Gill Lambert is a poet and teacher from Yorkshire. She's been published widely in print and online and her pamphlet 'Uninvited Guests' was published by Indigo Dreams last year. She won the Ilkley Literature Festival open mic 2016 and her collection will be published next year.
Alicia Fernández was born in Spain. Her poems have appeared in various anthologies and in magazines like Riggweltee and Strix. Her pamphlet ‘If Moments Were Places’ was published by Half Moon Books in 2017. She was the Chapbook Champion at Ilkley Literature Festival 2017. In 2018, she has been commended in both Prole's Laureate Poetry Competition and the Otley Wildlife Poetry Competition.
The venue is upstairs and is only accessible via steps. The space itself has soft seating, toilets on the same level and tables available. It can get warm in the room.
|Welcomed mediums||Acoustic/Electro-Acoustic Poetry Comedy Rap/Hip-Hop/Beatbox Folk Storytelling|
These details were submitted by Fay Kesby on 24 Oct 2018
No known YouTube videos!If you know of one please report it here
† "Next Event" date is automatically calculated based on the details submitted. No guarantee of accuracy is given as venues sometimes cancel events without informing us. To avoid disappointment, always contact venue before travelling.
No pictures!If you have a snap-shot of this event, particularly the stage, please submit your image here
- Chapel FM Arts Centre, Leeds (The Last Friday of each month)
- Jocks Cavern Open Mic Night at Jocks Cavern, Wakefield (Every Friday)
- Oulton Rugby Club, Woodlesford (Sporadic Fridays)
- Open Mic For Phab Kids at Sport Zone Bradford, Bradford (Sporadic Fridays)
- @OpenMic25.8.18 at The Buffers, Leeds (Sporadic Saturdays)
- Open Mic at Old Masons Arms, Woodlesford (Sporadic Saturdays)
- Sunday Sesh Backline Jam at George IV, Bradford (Every Sunday)
- Open Mic Night at The Hanover Arms, Leeds (Every Sunday)
- Open Mic at The Shears Inn, Liversedge (The First and Third Sunday of each month)
- The Shears Inn, Liversedge (The First and Third Sunday of each month)
- Open Mic / Jam Night at Mill Valley Brewery Tap, Cleckheaton (The Third Sunday of each month)
- Sportzone Charity Open Mic Night 26th May at SPORTZONE BRADFORD, Bradford (Sporadic Sundays)
- Live In The Hive at Northern Guitars Bar, Leeds (Every Monday)
- Open Mic at The Pack Horse Briggate, Leeds (Every Monday)
- Acoustic Circle at Royal Hotel, Pudsey (Every Monday)
- The Old King's Arms, Leeds (Every Tuesday)
- The Salt Cellar, Shipley (Every Tuesday)
- The Abbey Inn, Leeds (Every Tuesday)
- Open Mic at The Britannia, Pudsey (Every Tuesday)
- Tipsy cow open mic at Tipsy Cow, Morley, Leeds (Every Wednesday)
- A Bar Below, Leeds (Every Wednesday)
- Wireless Bar, Bradford (Every Wednesday)
- Rebel Heart At The Shack, Horsforth (The Second Wednesday of each month)
- The Two Pointers, Leeds (Fortnightly Wednesdays)
- Open Mic Night at East Bierley Cricket Club, Bradford (Every Thursday)
- Mos Eisley Cantina Open Mic at The Pack Horse, Leeds (Every Thursday)
- Open Mic Hosted By Black Rock Records at The Underground, Bradford (Every Thursday)
- The Chemic Tavern, Leeds (Every Thursday)
- East Bar Lounge And Grill, Pudsey (Every Thursday)
- Open Mic at The Black Swan, Bradford (Every Thursday)
- Jam Night / Open Mic at The Great Northern, Pudsey (Every Thursday)
- The New Conservatory, Leeds (Every Thursday)
- Bradford Jam at The Peacock, Bradford (The First Thursday of each month)
- Open Mic Night at Terminus Taproom & Bottle Shop, Leeds (The Second Thursday of each month)
- The New Inn, Churwell (Fortnightly Thursdays)
- Open Source Arts, Leeds (Sporadic Thursdays)