Open Mic at The Look Out Cafe Bar, Cardiff Bay
|Category||Poetry Open Mic|
|Location||The Look Out Cafe Bar, Porth Teigr Way, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff Bay, CF10 4GA|
|Notes||PLEASE SHARE ! :-)
COMPANY OF WORDS: SUMMER SIZZLER!
For our next #CompanyOfWords - #openmic we're taking it outside - in the beautiful setting of the Look Out Cafe Bar #CardiffBay for one of the best views in the City - so come read #poetry, #prose, sing, play and watch the sun go down with us in this beautiful venue (with a great food and drink menu!!)
Sign-Ups from 5.30pm Event times 6-9
£3+ donation for our lovely guest speakers and venue
Collection for #Papyrus
featuring the totally awesome #singer #rap artist #poet #RufusMufasa with amazing guitarist and songwriter #BelBlue
#spokenword #poetry #song #fiction #literature
How to get there:
Train from Cardiff Queen Street to Cardiff Bay - walk up to water turn left (where Pierhead building is and follow the bay round past Norwegian church and its the opening saying World Of Boats - yeah - we're right on the water! :-) :-)
No 6 bus from City Centre stops right outside the venue
Car park is opposite the venue behind the coffee co (red trailer cafe)
Find out more about our featured artists this month:
Is a literary activist, pioneering participatory artist, rapper, singer poet and hip hop artist. Rufus has an infectious enthusiasm that inspires everyone she works with, whether it's prisoners and young offenders in Parc prison or young adults at Hay. She grew up listeing to Harry Belafonte and is Influenced by greats Tina Turner and Nina Simone as well as 1990s Hip Hop but also looks to nature and her surroundings to inform her work. Her new album 'Fur Coats From the Lion's Den' was chosen as Wales Arts Review's album of the year and she has recently appeared at the Hay Literary Festival.
Bel Blue Singer-Songwriter
Singer-songwriter Bel Blue been plays indie-folk-americana. In 2016 she released her debut album 'Our Places' described as“a gazetteer for the soul” (Fatea Mag) and “a remarkable debut collection of beautiful songs” (Folking.Com).
She is known for her collaboration in community projects. including in voluntary, community and disability arts.
Bel is based in Cardiff with her family and much loved cat Odin.
Her music has been broadcast on folk and roots radio shows in Canada, America and Europe, including BBC Radio Wales.
“A beautiful voice and an immense talent for songwriting” Welsh Connections
|Welcomed mediums||Poetry Comedy Rap/Hip-Hop/Beatbox The Blues Folk Storytelling Jazz World Music|
These details were submitted by Alix Edwards on 27 Jun 2018
No known YouTube videos!If you know of one please report it here
† "Next Event" date is automatically calculated based on the details submitted. No guarantee of accuracy is given as venues sometimes cancel events without informing us. To avoid disappointment, always contact venue before travelling.
No pictures!If you have a snap-shot of this event, particularly the stage, please submit your image here
- Company Of Words Open Mic & Guest at The Little Man Coffee Company, Cardiff City (The Third Tuesday of each month)
- Whitchurch RSS Club, Cardiff City (The Second Tuesday of each month)
- The Rummer Tavern, Cardiff City (Every Thursday)
- Tony Morleys Open Mic at The Albion, Penarth (Every Thursday)
- The JimJam Session at The Claude, Cardiff City (Every Thursday)
- The Old Library, Caerphilly Town (The Last Thursday of each month)
- Zen Bar @ The Atrium, Cardiff City (Sporadic Thursdays)
- The Hollybush Inn, Machen (Fortnightly Thursdays)
- Octavo's Books Cafe & Wine Bar - Cardiff Bay, Cardiff Bay (Sporadic Thursdays)
- Songwriters Appreciation Open Mic at The Coffee Cove, Barry Island (Every Friday)
- Mic The Dragon at Machen Legion, Machen (Fortnightly Fridays)
- Bonfire Night with Acoustic Performers at Porthkerry Park Beach, Barry (The Second Saturday of each month)
- Live Lounge Open Mic Afternoon at The Live Lounge, Cardiff City (Every Sunday)
- Rudry Inn (Aka The Monte), Rudry (Every Sunday)
- The Whitchurch Jam Sessions at The Earl Haig Club, Whitchurch (The Last Sunday of each month)
- Pip's Open Mic at Three Horseshoes, Dinas Powys (Every Sunday)
- Windsor Arms, Penarth (The First Sunday of each month)
- Hopbunker, Cardiff City (Fortnightly Sundays)
- One - Iv - V // Open Mic + Social at One, Cardiff City (Sporadic Sundays)